On the 1st of June 2019, the foundation opened the application portal for the second cycle of the SeedInvest Project Grant for 2019. Call for applications were shared on the foundation’s social media profiles and applicants were directed to visit the website to apply. The application window was open for two weeks, June 1st – 15th, 2019.
At the end of the application cycle, we received 180 applications from entrepreneurs across the country. A round of screenings then began, to shortlist applicants that will be invited for the review session. After two rounds of screening, we got thirty businesses that qualified for the review session.
The review session held on Saturday, 29th of June, 2019, at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Ikeja, Lagos. Twenty eight out of the thirty shortlisted applicants attended the review session in Lagos. The other two applicants could not attend due to distance, and the review team held a virtual session with them on Monday, 1st of July, 2019. Members of
the foundation review team included the President – Biodun Adegoke, Director, SeedInvest Project – Segun Abiona, Director, People Operations – Nkem Offonabo, and Director, Programs and Administration – Oriyomi Adebare.
After due deliberation, 15 businesses were selected as SeedInvest Project Grantees, and two other businesses were chosen as Special Intervention Project Grantees of the foundation.
The full list of all grantees, with their business and Instagram handles are below:
SEEDINVEST PROJECT GRANTEES
1. Queen Onyekwere Queens Fruits @queensfruits
2. Dorcas Tolu Fadoju Aunty Lola's Beauty House @auntylolassheabutter
3. Oluwafemi Hafiz.M Hafytech Solutions @hafytech
4. Adewunmi Omodunmiju Theartist Brand Solutions @theheartist.ng
5. Ebuka Omaliko Maliko @malikostudios
6. Maryam Adebola-Salami Mobaby Care Nigeria @mobabycare
7. Ezekiel-Walker Nectar Green Snails @ngsnails
8. Brilliant Uba Acemediaries Studios @acemediaries
9. Modupe Sadiku Dayniike's Couture @dayniike_couture
10. Goodness Gimba Rhema Avenue @rhema_avenue
11. Shobowale Oluwakemi Glamsconcepts @glamsconcepts
12. Imran Omowunmi Hertheybc Exclusive Fashion World @hertheybcexclusivefashionworld
13. Zainab Akanni Zee's Panoply & Wardrobe @panoplynwardrobe_
14. Bello Maryam Taiwo Sugardrops Bakehouse @sugardropsbakehouse
15. Ajiboye Benedicta Folashade Prandesh02 Confectionaries @prandesh02_confectionaries
SPECIAL INTERVENTION GRANTEES
1. Alaaya Habibat Titilayo Adecrownstitchesng @crown_stitchesentrepreneur
2. Olaide Nwaehike Fruitti Flavours @fruitti_flavours!
SOME PICTURES OF THE EVENT